Monday, July 30, 2012

Return to Routine..

Today was orientation for one of the homeschool groups that I mentor with and that my own children participate in. It was one part rude awakening (summer is wrapping up for us), and one part hooray. I know that may sound a bit odd, but I really like getting back into a routine. We homeschool a bit year round, and with half my family ADHD, myself included, the routine helps keep us from total chaos. It is just the first weeks of total CRAZY that we have to get through in order to find something a little less crazy. :)


Here are a few things I completed yesterday. I have a lot to get caught up on before classes begin and all of the sports sweep down upon us!  I loved this finish SO MUCH that I didn't stop with just one thing, I had to add some more.


All started with a dark wood finish. I did a base coat in my favorite gray, then a bright teal. After distressing it, I went over the whole thing with a metallic black glaze before I sealed it with a couple coats of poly.



These will be heading out soon. Be sure to check out Alternate Endings Design on facebook to find out where you can check them out in person!

I am linking up to these parties, be sure to check them out!
Take a Look Tuesday
Pink Hippo Party
Market Yourself Monday
Mad Skills Monday
A Marvelous Mess
More the Merrier Monday
Motivate Me Monday
Craftastic Monday
Made with Love Monday
Craftomaniac Monday
DIY Project Parade
Sundae Scoop
Saturday Seven

4 comments:

Megan@Whimsically Homemade said...

I love that color! I also like that you put the grey down first so it shows where distressed. Great job thanks for sharing!

Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

That scroll work on the tall mirror is lovely!
JoAnn

Roeshel said...

Gorgeous color, stunning! Thanks so much for sharing! ;)

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! I just adore the color.. they look sooo amazing! thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party!
xoxo
AMie @ Pinkapotamus