Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Perfectly Cute Cupcake Invite!

My youngest just turned 10 years old! My babies are both now in the double digits. It goes by so quickly.

My kiddos are both great with coming up with ideas and running with them. We needed a theme that was great for multiple ages of girls. My daughter had just finished taking a cake decorating class with our homeschool group and we thought that would be a "sweet"idea, lol.

I wanted to make some special invitations for her big day and had an inkling of what I wanted. One afternoon, while demonstrating some techniques for one of our art classes, I did some cupcake doodles and loved them so much I wanted to include them on the invites! So the cupcake graphics and paper layers are all hand drawn and painted and the invites are digitally created and printed on glossy cardstock.

We were both so excited about how they turned out and think it was a great peak at the party to be. I will post more picts of the favors and activities later so stay tuned!

I linked up to the following parties:

Ten Buck Tuesdays @ Young Nesters

Creative Share Wednesday @ Trendy Treehouse

Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

The DIY Show Off

Friday Free For All Party @ Sassy Sites

Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative

More the Merrier @ The DIY Home Sweet Home

No comments: