Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sticking Around

I know everyone who has kids has a LOT of artwork. But at From Art to Zebras, we have MORE than a lot. I don't like to tape everything up on the walls, and I can't, nor can I afford to, have everything framed. So my idea was to have a few pieces that can be rotated easily without damage to the artwork or the walls. So here is what I came up with.

Not the best picture, but it gives you the jest of it. I just took sheets of metal and predrilled holes about an inch in around the edges. We used drywall screws to attach to the wall. Just add magnets and artwork and wah-lah, instant framing! Of course, I have to add my funky touch, so i will be decorating some magnets. You could paint or wallpaper the metal, but I like the industrial look of it and it won't compete with the artwork displayed on it.