Monday, January 2, 2012

Let the Battle Begin!

Wow! It is scary to think how fast 2011 slipped by. I am not great at resolutions, but I love to start fresh. I am going to make more of an effort this year to stop and smell the roses...and coffee, mmm, love coffee...oops! Man, I can get sidetracked! Anyway, I want to make sure I appreciate the time I am given on this earth instead of wondering what happened to it. I want that for my family as well. Not a resolution, a WILL DO. :)

We just passed my son's 13th birthday. What a milestone (sobbing). He wanted to do up in an exciting way. Along with a lot of his friends, he is enthralled in airsoft. For those of you who have not ventured down this road and don't have a clue what that is, air powered guns that shoot plastic bbs. Much smaller than pellets and paintballs, but I am a strict mama on the limits of the gun's power or fps.


So he and his army of guys planned out their battle plans, home bases and everything else. He had his clear ideas for his invites and loved the outcome. (Now available in the smallfrynotables etsy shop.)


After they wore themselves out, they just chilled around a fire roasting hotdogs and smores and just doing their guy stuff. They all seemed to have fun and my guy was very pleased, which I have come to realize is a bit difficult for a teen, lol.


No comments: